natasha2323

The Master and Margarita
Mikhail Bulgakov, Diana Burgin, Katherine Tiernan O'Connor
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare

Riser (The Riser Saga, #1)

Riser (The Riser Saga, #1) - Becca C. Smith As a high school teacher, I'm always looking for new fiction to get my students excited about reading. While I was not a big fan of the Twilight series, I was just happy my students were reading books. A friend of mine gave me a copy of this to read because she thought I might like to share it with my students. I was a little skeptical, but once I started reading this, I had a hard time putting it down. Ms. Smith shows a great deal of maturity in her first work, spinning a compelling tale that combines elements of science fiction and fantasy seamlessly. Chelsen's gift is unique in fiction. Trust me, you have not read this story before. It is so rare to find something so original handled so well. I was surprised to find myself caught up in the story so quickly and, to be honest, I did not put it down until the final page was turned. I was only upset that it ended!

I shared this with a couple of my students and now they are both on Team Chelsen! We all cannot wait for the next book in this series.